Jabra is as close to a household name in the hearing health world as you will find.
The brand manufactures one of Costco's most popular hearing aids called Jabra Enhance Pro and also makes and sells our favorite Telehealth brand under the name Jabra Enhance Select.
Recently we've had a few readers reach out and ask for a simple breakdown between Jabra Enhance Select and Jabra Enhance Pro.
Presumably, these savvy readers are deciding between a trip to Costco and a Telehealth order through Jabra Enhance Select. Both options are pretty compelling, each with its benefits.
So let's get into it!
Comparing Jabra Enhance Select and Jabra Enhance Pro Hearing Aids
Our team of hearing aid wearers and audiologists test and compare hearing aids to help you become a more informed shopper. Our work is funded through reader support. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
- 3 trips to Costco
- In-depth review of Jabra Enhance Select
- 3 Licensed Audiologists Consulted
- 1,000+ Customer Reviews Considered
We'll start with Jabra Enhance Pro
Jabra Enhance Pro is sold at Costco for $1,699 per pair. The underlying technology in Costco's Jabra Enhance Pro is similar to ReSound ONE 9. Jabra Enhance Pro allows streaming through Android and iPhone with hands-free calling with iOS
- Free cleanings while you shop
- 180-day return policy
- Free in-person testing
- Pro comes with a charger that needs to be plugged in at all times (you can upgrade for around $200)
- No monthly membership plans are available (you'll pay fully upfront)
- Must go in for 3-4 initial appointments in person (can be challenging for some)
- Some Costco professionals are less trained and not as familiar with Jabra since they carry other brands as well
- Not available for Costco members
Overall: Jabra Enhance Pro is a good option if you are a club member and are happy to make adjustments in person.
Now let's look at Jabra Enhance Select
Jabra Enhance Select is sold directly by the Jabra brand here for between $1,199 - $1999. The underlying technology in Jabra Enhance Select 200 is similar to ReSound ONE 5 (slightly lower than Jabra Enhance Pro). All levels offer Bluetooth streaming using Android and iPhone. You'll get hands-free calling on your iPhone if you choose Jabra Enhance Select 200
Despite the lower tech level, there are some distinct advantages to Jabra Enhance Select.
- Convenient care from home (available anywhere in the U.S.)
- 100-day returns
- Flexible monthly payments starting at $39 a month / pair
- Specialized programming team with deep knowledge of the product
- Jabra Enhance Select comes with the premium on-the-go charger included
- Slightly lower technology level than Jabra Enhance Pro
- No in-person appointments (some prefer this, and others do not)
So how should you choose?
Both offerings are among the best in the category. Jabra Enhance Select is our clear favorite among Telehealth options, while Jabra Enhance Pro has slightly higher technology levels and Costco's beloved service.
Will you notice the tech difference?
Reviews for both products are generally positive. People applaud the "natural" sound quality in Jabra Enhance Select while they often comment on how well Jabra Enhance Pro handles in complex listening environments like Airplanes or crowded rooms. Some people also note that Jabra Enhance Select is more comfortable because it does not have a M&RIE reciever (third microphone inside the ear).
Most of the differences between the two products come down to how they manage complex background noise environments.
Read Jabra Enhance Select reviews here and our review of Jabra Enhance Pro here.
Ultimately this decision might come down to your preferred care model.
Costco's service is primarily built around visits to your local club, while Jabra Enhance Select provides care through Telehealth.
We notice the Jabra Enhance Select staff tends to be more specialized in the Jabra product since they work exclusively with Jabra and work for the company directly.
Regardless of your choice, Jabra is a very reputable option from one of the biggest innovators in the space.
If you have questions, feel free to shoot us a note at email@example.com.